Power Update #6—October 2018
Happy Halloween from all of us at Electrify! We are pleased to present October’s Power Update. Nothing spooky about this month’s report, however, unless you happen to have a phobia of steady progress:
PRODUCT & TECHNICAL
- Onboard Prosumers and Consumers onto the Synergy platform
- Demonstrate P2P energy trading capabilities between Prosumers and Consumers
- Allow Prosumers and Consumers to access customizable dashboards to view their energy production and consumption plans
- Completed core development of Synergy Alpha
- Enhanced energy charts for Consumers and Producers to gauge energy usage/production across different time frames
- Enhanced the user onboarding experience
- Enhanced microservices to capture energy/power readings from external data feeds, allowing rapid integration with large scale Commercial and Industrial Producers
- Enable consumers to create their Electrify accounts, search for retailer plans, and enter into a contract with a selected retailer
- Enable retailers to create and manage power plans
- Launched Marketplace for Singapore’s Open Electricity Market (OEM), allowing residential users to search for energy plans and contract with our retailer partners
- Execute an Airdrop to qualified wallet addresses
- Completed the airdrop to ELEC holders
- Commenced distribution to OMG holders. Based on the current rate of distribution, the distribution is likely to conclude ahead of schedule in November
Blockchain Research & Development
- Research, develop, and test blockchain solutions to ensure that they meet our product and technical requirements
- Completed a full installation of OmiseGO’s child-chain server and watcher of elixir-omg. Currently conducting tests on scalability as well as the ability to store custom data on a per-transaction basis
Electrify is constantly evolving to keep pace with the myriad shifts in the blockchain and energy space. This month we published our updated roadmap, which reflects our latest progress and development goals:
BLOCKCHAIN IN ENERGY: A DREAM OR REALITY?
SGInnovate and EnRupt jointly hosted a panel on blockchain-based energy solutions featuring our COO, Martin Lim. Speaking alongside him were Nicolas Payen, Co-Founder and CEO of Positive Energy, and Pernille Dahlgaard, Director of Accenture Singapore. The conversation was moderated by Katarina Hasbani of EnRupt.
SINGAPORE QUALITY INSTITUTE
Martin was invited by the Singapore Quality Institute (SQI) to speak at a sharing session with delegates from Korea’s power industry, many of whom were keen to learn more about blockchain technology. The sharing session led to some insightful discussions about Korea’s and Singapore’s power industry.
BLOCKCHAIN & INNOVATION IN ENERGY CONFERENCE 2018
Tenaga Nasional Berhad, a Malaysian power company and the largest publicly listed electric utility in Southeast Asia, hosted a conference to foster deeper collaboration and exchange of ideas in the energy blockchain space. Martin was invited to speak on a panel and share his views on blockchain and smart cities. The panel explored global emerging trends, technology convergence (blockchain, AI, and IoT), and the future role of power utilities.
ELECTRIFY IN THE PRESS
We hope you are feeling powered up by October’s Power Updates, check in next month for more electrifying news and events!