Power Update #11—March 2019
Progress marches on this March with new developments on the Synergy front. This month we focused on building our billing and settlement functionalities as well as the user interface layer for Beta:
PRODUCT & TECHNICAL
- Onboard producers and consumers onto the Synergy platform, allowing them to set up accounts, create/find energy plans, and enter into contracts with each other
- Demonstrate P2P energy trading capabilities between producers and consumers
- Allow producers and consumers to access real-time dashboards to view their energy production and consumption plans
- Enable producers and consumers to view their consolidated bills and make payment
- Completed backend development of the billing-settlement engine
- Revamped dashboard and billing user interface
- Ongoing development of APIs to integrate with new frontend
Blockchain Research & Development
- Research, develop, and test blockchain solutions to ensure that they meet our product and technical requirements
- Ongoing evaluation of OmiseGO’s Plasma chain and its potential to scale and meet Electrify’s use case
- Enable consumers to create their Electrify accounts, search for retailer plans, and enter into a contract with a selected retailer
- Enable retailers to create and manage power plans
- Upgraded CRM Software
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes in APIs
IOT ASIA 2019
IoT Asia 2019 is an international exhibition and conference on all things Internet-of-Things. Martin gave an impassioned presentation on the state of smart energy—and how it’s not so smart—and spoke at a panel that discussed the evolution of blockchain, IoT, and the internet. IoT technology is an important part of our vision to create an intelligent energy ecosystem and we were pleased to see the turnout at this event.
Yale-NUS College, a liberal arts institution founded by Yale University and the National University of Singapore, hosted Electrify at their recent data science hackathon. Hack4Climate aims to engage universities to apply data science and technology to explore innovative solutions to the crisis of climate change. Martin spoke on a panel alongside Dr Angel Hsu, Founder and Director of Data-Driven Yale while Anjana, our blockchain developer, led a workshop on blockchain programming.
SYNERGY ALPHA REPORT
This month we pushed out a report highlighting key takeaways from our recently concluded Alpha test. The Alpha was a resounding success in which we demonstrated our ability to onboard prosumers and consumers onto the Synergy platform, facilitate P2P energy trading capabilities between them, as well as enable them to access customizable dashboards to view their production, consumption, and energy supply plans.
As the energy scene evolves, so too must our products. Our PowerPod device has gone through a major upgrade to become much more than an IoT gateway—it is now an all-rounded system comprising hardware and software and will be able to plug into different markets with greater versatility than before. Read more here.
We’ll be back soon with more updates. As always, thank you for your support and interest. Keep charging on!