Power Update #12—April 2019
The month of April was a bustling one for Electrify; we explored commercial possibilities in Australia, Thailand, and Malaysia while doubling down on Synergy Beta, our P2P energy trading platform, here in Singapore. The completion progress of Synergy Beta currently stands at 95%. We’re in the endgame now…
PRODUCT & TECHNICAL
- Onboard producers and consumers onto the Synergy platform, allowing them to set up accounts, create/find energy plans, and enter into contracts with each other
- Demonstrate P2P energy trading capabilities between producers and consumers
- Allow producers and consumers to access real-time dashboards to view their energy production and consumption plans
- Enable producers and consumers to view their consolidated bills and make payment
- Finalized dashboard revamp and billing UI
- Tested new user features and charting components
- Enable consumers to create their Electrify accounts, search for retailer plans, and enter into a contract with a selected retailer
- Enable retailers to create and manage power plans
- Enhanced CRM Software
- Fixed bugs in website
ENERGY TRANSITION: IMPACTS ON POWER DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENT IN ASIA
April’s Energy Transition Seminar, organised by the Asian Utility Week team and in partnership with Singapore Manufacturing Federation, explores how tech initiatives in the energy sector can affect businesses and create new socioeconomic pathways. A prelude to the much-anticipated Asian Utility Week taking place in September 2019, the seminar featured our very own Martin Lim as a speaker alongside other prominent energy executives. Martin led an animated panel discussion on the potential of emerging technology to increase consumer choice and accessibility.
ENERGY MISSION: AUSTRALIA
Enterprise Singapore, a statutory board under Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry, recently led a business study mission to Australia for local energy firms. Electrify was invited on this trip to explore foreign collaboration and facilitate knowledge exchange. We connected with various Australian energy companies and were able to better understand their regulatory environment, learn best practices, and discuss business opportunities. All in all, mission accomplished!
Ethereum Development Conference (EDCON) is an annual conference for the global Ethereum community to come together, share progress, and spark new ideas. Electrify was represented by Anjana, our lead blockchain developer, at this event where the biggest Ethereum names (e.g. Vitalik Buterin, Karl Floersch, Justin Drake, Virgil Griffith) took the stage to discuss the development of ETH 2.0, dapps, governance, and the legality of smart contracts. Held in Sydney, the conference demonstrated to us the impressive steadiness of Ethereum’s progress and assured us of the blockchain scalability that is soon to be a reality.
ELECTRIFY IN THE PRESS
Thank you for your interest in our updates. As you can see, the energy landscape is constantly changing; technologies rise and fall, people come and go, but the sun never sets on Electrify. Onwards!